THE TICKLED TROUT, WYE
For more than 400 years, an Inn or Tavern has stood on the banks of the River Stour where the Tickled Trout now stands.
The Tickled Trout is typical of the distinctive Kentish architecture of the period and greets the visitor with a welcoming and unique ‘olde world’ charm.
We strive to maintain this charm of oak beamed bars and open fires for our customers.
Our well maintained gardens alongside the River Stour, provide the ideal setting for ‘Al fresco’ drinks and dining, with a superb choice from selective menus for which we are renowned.
Maximum 6 persons per table.
A Message for all customers
PLEASE BOOK ONLINE VIA LINK BELOW
As you will no doubt be aware the UK is still under lockdown legislation which must be adhered to.
Please observe the following rules that will enable everyone to enjoy their visit to The Tickled Trout.
- PRE-BOOKING ESSENTIAL EVERYDAY for inside AND garden.
- You will be allocated a specific table and a two-hour slot for your booking and will be required to leave promptly at the end of this period. You will not be able to move or relocate tables.
- Maximum 6 persons per table.
- Please supply us with the names of everyone in your group along with the contact name and details for one person in the group at the time of booking. If any of your group are showing symptoms, please stay at home.
- You must remain a minimum of one metre away (2m if possible) from anyone not from your household (unless in a support bubble, please refer to government guidelines). You cannot share a table with anyone who isn’t from your household.
- Those with outside bookings must remain outside, including the use of toilets. Mobile toilets are supplied. We cannot relocate outside tables to inside if it rains!
- Please prepare your order before arriving by referring to our menu on this website. This will help us to provide a better service. Please note we are only taking payment by card.
- Please consider car sharing where possible adhering to social distancing regulation as entry to the car park is monitored.
- Your children are your responsibility. We are happy for them to paddle in the river with your constant supervision, however please ensure that they follow social distancing rules and again please consider the personal space of other guests. As always, dogs must be kept on a lead.
- Please do not wander around the garden.
Thank you for your understanding, please bear with us while we do what we can to ensure your time
with us is as enjoyable as possible!
Please see our Current 2020 menu.