THE TICKLED TROUT, WYE : REOPENING SATURDAY 4TH JULY
We can’t wait to see you!
As you are probably aware things will be slightly different, it’s been a challenging time for everyone and we wish for you to enjoy our pub safely and worry free, so here are few things we have done to ensure you have a wonderful time!
- Table planning to allow for social distancing.
- Table booking only, inside and outside for both drinks and food.
- Table service only, so there will be no need for queues at the bar.
- Carefully planned rules to use toilets, with outdoor facilities available.
- Trained staff wearing PPE to protect both themselves and you, to assist and guide you with any enquiries.
- Hand sanitiser for all.
- Only one entrance and exit to ensure we don’t exceed capacity.
- Clear rules and signage to guide you.
You need to book a table in advance. Tables are available for 2 hour slots with a limited amount for drinks only. ‘Walk-ins’ will only be accepted if we have availability, so please book early to avoid disappointment.
BOOKINGS TO BE MADE BY EMAIL OR PHONE ONLY
Please don’t try and book through FB messenger.
Phone: 01233 812227
As you will no doubt be aware the UK is still under lockdown legislation which must be adhered to.
Please observe the following rules that will enable everyone to enjoy their visit to The Tickled Trout.
- You will be allocated a specific table and a two-hour slot for your booking and will be required to leave promptly at the end of this period. You will not be able to move or relocate tables.
- Please supply us with the names of everyone in your group along with the contact name and details for one person in the group at the time of booking. If any of your group are showing symptoms, please stay at home.
- You must remain a minimum of one metre away (2m if possible) from anyone not from your household (unless in a support bubble, please refer to government guidelines). You cannot share a table with anyone who isn’t from your household.
- Those with outside bookings must remain outside, including the use of toilets. Portaloos are supplied. We cannot relocate outside tables to inside if it rains!
- Please prepare your order before arriving by referring to our menu on this website. This will help us to provide a better service. Please note we are only taking payment by card.
- Please consider car sharing where possible adhering to social distancing regulation as entry to the car park is monitored.
- Your children are your responsibility. We are happy for them to paddle in the river with your constant supervision, however please ensure that they follow social distancing rules and again please consider the personal space of other guests. As always, dogs must be kept on a lead.
- Please do not wander around the garden.
Thank you for your understanding, please bear with us while we do what we can to ensure your time
with us is as enjoyable as possible!
Please see our Summer 2020 menu. This will be available from Saturday 4th July.
For more than 400 years, an Inn or Tavern has stood on the banks of the River Stour where the Tickled Trout now stands.
The Tickled Trout is typical of the distinctive Kentish architecture of the period and greets the visitor with a welcoming and unique ‘olde world’ charm.
We strive to maintain this charm of oak beamed bars and open fires for our customers.
Our well maintained gardens alongside the River Stour, provide the ideal setting for ‘Al fresco’ drinks and dining, with a superb choice from selective menus for which we are renowned.